Monday 22 March 2010

A new blog.

The last week have been an interesting time and has triggered me to start a blog to recored my thoughts and feelings as my time at University draws to a close and I move on to the next stages of my life.

A week on Thursday our group had the first of three major reviews for our Mechatronics module, a double weight module that is interiorly coursework based and hinges around a scenario in which we are a technical consultants working for a company to solve a problem they have.
Well in short, although the outcome was ok in the end, the day was I think probably the worst I have had in the 5 years of being at Loughborough and after a day of filling literally sick with apprehension i came home feeling deflated and upset.
I didn't know group we have been placed with for the project before its start and feel we get on well but under the pressure of the assessment day (or harassment day as my spell checker nearly had me write) levels of tension between the members where high and amongst stack of a other issues a potentially rather foolish action by myself did little to ease the nerves or improve the performance of our equipment.

Conversely, the Saturday just gone, was the Steam Boat Association AGM which apart from being in Ashby this year rather than Bristol saw our family win 'Family of the Year' and an opportunity for a day to get away from Loughborough and the stress of run up to end of my last end of term holiday and the melai of chaos that is final year group projects.
Ive also been spending 45 minutes at the end of each day catching up with 'Skins' on 40D and finished the day with episode 6 of series 4 and that saw JJ, one of the quieter members of the cast feature and depicted his happiness at making friends with a girl from work. I watch very little television but I got into a habit of watching Skins with my housemate while on my placement year and its sort of stuck with the memories of placement and having time of an evening to think and relax and made a nice rounded end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment